For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our journey of service excellence has just begun. We have recently launched WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program through which we are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 10 consecutive years in 2017. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for people who are passionate about people, working to enhance everyone’s quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role
Bethany Calgary provides a range of services from Supportive Living (levels 1 and 2) to Long Term Care for persons with complex health needs who are unable to remain at home or in a supportive living centre. Bethany Calgary is located in West Hillhurst/Hounsfield Heights, on the site of the first ‘Bethany Home.’ While the original building no longer stands, the legacy of caring continues. Residents live in eight different ‘neighborhoods’ which are designed to meet different levels of resident care and accommodation needs. A feature of Bethany Calgary is the bright tropical atrium with a water feature and live trees
Bethany Calgary is home to more than 400 long term care residents. We provide specialized care and programs for residents with a range of needs, including younger adults with disabilities and individuals with complex dementia.
This position is a direct expression of Bethany’s values “We Care”, “We Show Respect” and “We are Responsible” and ensures these values are carried through in our daily interactions with our residents and their families. As a key member of our leadership team, you will model these values and equip others to deliver compassionate care that nurtures the physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing of residents, families, staff and volunteers in a setting that celebrates aging and diversity.
What You Will Do:
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Site Manager is responsible for ensuring the provision of outstanding care and support to residents, resident families and volunteers within their designated scope of practice. The Administrator is accountable for the leadership and ongoing development of the long term care, supportive living, and related community outreach programs and services at their respective sites.
Individual responsibilities will fall under the following main areas of focus:
- Resident Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is accountable for ensuring a safe living environment for residents, families, and visitors, and actively seeking new ways to improve the quality of programs and services.
- Documentation: Accurate, comprehensive and timely documentation of all aspects of the management of the Care Centre and accountable for the development and implementation of ongoing evaluation tools and processes which indicate the effectiveness of the Care Centre programs and services.
- Fiscal Accountability: Gains understanding of the financial requirements and restrictions of all program levels, managing each program, as well as the site support departments, in a fiscally responsible manner within allocated budgeted resources.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates in and assists the Care Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care.
- Leadership: Facilitates progressive and participative leadership and provides effective communication and vision for the provision of care and service through the effective leadership of the site’s leadership team, a large unionized staff team and significant contracted services.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health or business related discipline
- Master’s degree in a health related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a complex leadership role
- Previous experience in a long term care environment is an asset
- Experience in dementia care is preferred.
- Active membership with the Canadian College of Health Leaders is preferred
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
Apply Online before 23:00 on Sep 22, 2017 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.