West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients get their lives back by providing inpatient, outpatient and outreach services in specialized rehabilitative and complex care after a life-altering illness or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and traumatic musculoskeletal injuries. By 2021, West Park’s 27-acre site will be transformed into an integrated campus of care, including a new hospital building and additional community supports such as assisted living for persons with disabilities and seniors. This transformation enables the Centre to evolve its rehabilitative programs and strengthen links to community-based services to meet the future healthcare needs of our local community and the province.
We currently have the following two opportunities available: 1) Permanent Full-time on our Tuberculosis care and Functional Enhancement Unit and 2) Temporary Full-time on our Complex Continuing Care Unit
PATIENT CARE MANAGER(S)
The Patient Care Manager is accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of the clinical unit/services, ensuring the provision of quality patient care.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Health Related profession
- Master’s degree in Health Administration or a related field preferred
- Certification with a Regulated Health Professions College in Ontario
- ember of relevant professional association/networks preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience as a health professional
- Demonstrated leadership ability including strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent decision making and conflict resolution abilities
- Sound understanding and commitment to an inter-professional service delivery model
- Strong working knowledge of labour/management practices
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others
- Strong computer skills (MS OfficeSuite)
- Management experience in a unionized healthcare environment preferred
- Evidence of good performance history and attendance record
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of West Park: Excellence, Respect, Trust, Collaboration and Accountability
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Lead and develop services that utilize evidence informed practices to deliver quality patient care in collaboration with Professional Practice, Human Resources and Risk Management. Optimize patient outcomes within available resources while reaching targets set internally and externally including those established through the Hospital Service Accountability Agreement (H-SAA) with the Toronto Central LHIN, identified on the West Park Healthcare Balanced Scorecard and the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Provide managerial coverage to all nursing units in the absence of managers as well as on-call coverage
- Develop and motivate the inter-professional team by; supporting, coaching and monitoring performance, ensuring staff is oriented to clearly defined roles, conducting performance appraisals on a regular basis. Knowledgeable about SEIU and ONA collective agreements, Occupational Health & Safety Act, College Standards and relevant legislation.
- Responsible for staffing the service in collaboration with Staffing Office through the establishment and periodic review of master schedules, skill mix, and identifying staffing needs. Recruit and interview staff with assistance from Human Resources. Daily review of payroll exceptions in the Kronos and ANSOS systems. Actively addressing staff absences through the attendance management program.
- Review and manage annual budgets by providing detailed analysis on budget variances and addressing variances. Responsible for Capital and Foundation submissions for funding.
- Responsible for service planning and development including developing models of care and other strategic planning initiatives, leading the inter-professional care team in accreditation preparation and preparing proposals for new services, revenue generation and additional funding.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships within the inter-professional team which optimizes patient care and develops a healthy workplace.
- Enhance the patient experience with a focus on person-centered care by strengthening relationships between staff and patients. Continually improve processes by promptly investigating all patient, family and staff concerns and patient and staff incidents. Effectively utilize change management techniques.
- Foster a safety culture that encourages individuals to share their ideas. Identify and mitigate risks that may affect the safety of patients, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors. Comply with the safety standards and applicable legislation.
West Park Healthcare Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation for a disability during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.
If you’re committed to making a difference, have a passion for helping others, and are looking for a place to contribute and grow, then we would like to talk to you. As a West Park Healthcare Centre team member, you’ll discover the rewards of a caring community of staff, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families – a community that has inspired people to choose West Park for more than 100 years