Prairie North Health Region (PNHR) covers a large and geographically diverse area in the northwest part of central Saskatchewan. Economically, PNHR is a vibrant and growing region with key industries such as agriculture, oil and gas, forestry, tourism and recreation. Region has over 96,000 residents including clients living in Lloydminster, AB. Region area is nearly 30,000 km2 and includes 3 cities, 6 towns, 19 villages, 5 resort villages and 14 First Nations communities.
Over 3,345 (2,407.5 FTEs) employees and over 100 physicians (general practitioners and specialists) provide services in 2 regional hospitals, 1 district hospital (Meadow Lake Hospital), 2 community hospitals with attached special care homes, 1 provincial psychiatric rehabilitation hospital, 2 health centers, 5 health centers with attached special care homes, 6 special care homes and 7 primary health care central sites.
The Director of Acute Care Services reports to the VP of Integrated Health Services in regards to nursing, admitting and pharmacy at the Meadow Lake Hospital (32 beds and 133 staff). There are eight positions reporting directly to the Director of Acute Care Services:
Key areas of accountability include the following:
- Ensure the provision of a high quality continuum of care for clients through the ongoing assessment and evaluation of changing needs and through the flexible and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Supervision and administration of acute care services in a patient centered environment providing human resource management (73 staff members), budget preparation, financial monitoring and reporting (Operational budget of $5.7M), and oversight on projects.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability for safe quality care and services and for a safe and supportive workplace.
- Promote a team approach to health care and to work collaboratively with the other regional managers, senior managers and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain open communication and build solid relationships with other health care professionals, agencies and residents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
- Nursing Administration or Health Care Administration Certificate would be an asset.
- Current active practicing registration with the appropriate professional or licensing body.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a nurse within an acute care environment.
- Experience in nursing administration would be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and to the principles of quality improvement.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Out-of-Scope Management Compensation Plan. A generous incentive package is also available for this position.
This competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Candidates may forward their resumes in confidence, complete with references, to:
Human Resource Unit
P. O. Box 39
North Battleford, SK
Fax: (306) 446-6810; Email: email@example.com