Reporting to a Senior Director of Operations, the Site Administrator is responsible for the operational and administrative management of the facility, and is a representative of Covenant Health within the local community.
Please note: Travel is required, and may include the use of a personal vehicle. A standard driver’s abstract may also be required for use of corporate lease vehicles.
Working closely with site physician partners to set clinical direction, champion quality improvement and client safety, and monitor performance and trends in order to drive continuous improvement within their facility. Managing all financial, human and physical resources of the facility, overseeing key performance indicators and resolving operational issues at the unit, program, and site level. Serving as the first point of contact for Community Boards. Engaging local community leaders and attending community events. Supporting local Foundation Board by attending events and local fundraising initiatives. Informing and working closely with local area officials, Mayors, Town Councilors, Reeves and MLAs. Collaborating with Corporate Directors to ensure site integrity. Engaging in physician recruitment, replacement (locums) and retention.
• Undergraduate degree in health care discipline required.
• Minimum of eight (8) years progressive health care management experience required.
• Experience at a senior level in a hospital administration within a multi-union environment.
• Experience in rural communities.
• Proven skills in management, program leadership and personal development, group facilitation, operational and strategic planning.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to provide leadership and function as a team member to achieve shared goals.
• Strong organizational and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to be objective in decision making.
• Commitment to safe, effective and ethical patient care and work practices.
Please submit completed application and/or résumé by 2400 hours on the closing date to:
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All employees new to Covenant Health must provide a criminal records check. Covenant Health is committed to an inclusive work environment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan may be a requirement for the successful applicant.
Covenant Health is Canada’s largest Catholic health care organization with over 14,000 physicians, employees and volunteers serving in 12 communities across Alberta. A major provider in Alberta’s integrated health system, Covenant Health works with Alberta Health Services and community partners to positively influence the health of Albertans through a broad range of programs and services.CovenantHealth.ca