Job ID: 2018-3826
Job Location: CA-ON-Brampton
# Positions: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Job Industry: Healthcare and Medical Services
Career Level: Management
Years of Experience: 5
Company: Central West LHIN
Director, Clinical Practice & Specialty Programs
Reporting to the Vice President, Home and Community Care, this position is responsible for providing overall operational and strategic leadership for professional practice initiatives provided by the LHIN to ensure patients receive timely, effective and high quality service at home and in the community. The Director, Clinical Practice & Specialty Programs is accountable for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating direct service clinical programs across the CW LHIN including providing clinical leadership within the organization, CW LHIN and provincially.
The Director, Clinical Practice & Specialty Programs will ensure the LHIN is compliant with professional and College standards, code of ethics and relevant legislation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Registered Nurse with Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a similar management/leadership position in a health field.
- Experience managing several inter-disciplinary teams and a variety of innovative social and health programs.
- Experience with evidenced informed practice and ability to support professional growth of an interprofessional team of staff.
- Experience with Quality, Risk and Safety and specifically Quality Improvement leadership.
- Quality Improvement training and experience.
- Experience in Home and Community Care an asset.
- Experience in leadership roles related to Palliative Care, Mental Health, Care Coordination, Medication Management and Wound Care are all assets.
- Experience in budget development and management, financial planning as well as computer and database skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in program development, delivery and evaluation.
- Experience with electronic medical records is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and management of employee relations and human resources skills.
- Ability to work well with others, build teams, foster an environment of innovative problem-solving, conflict resolution and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Clean driver’s abstract, current, valid Class “G” Driver’s License and reliable transportation to support travel across offices as required.
- Available to work regular and extended hours of operation, as required.
- Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills, an asset.
Who We Are:
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity and home to over 922,000 local residents, the Central West LHIN plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Through the recently passed Patients First Act, LHINs are also now responsible for the delivery of home and community care services and primary care planning, resulting in a better experience for both patients and those who care for them.
Employees at the Central West LHIN enjoy a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization, including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
How to Apply:
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line at http://lhinjobs.ca/. You may also send your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.