-- DATA ANALYST --
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a full time position.
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, BC
JOB: Responsible for ongoing analysis of healthcare information, obtained from a variety of sources, including patient care, financial, and demographic data. Involves development and preparation of information products for staff. Requires the ability to analyze healthcare data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. Requires proficiency with analytical tools (SAS, Oracle SQL, Excel), knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software and strong communication skills.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world-renowned HIV/AIDS research centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
BENEFITS: Employee benefits include medical, dental, as well as accrued vacation and sick time
- Develop useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources
- Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data
- Use and support database applications and analytical tools: evaluate data quality, applications, and functions, produce output and maintain operation
- Research new data sources and analytical tools; contribute to new product development and improvement in product delivery and presentation
- Data retrieval and management of databases for cohort-based studies, including writing computer programs and macros to capture and edit data
- Maintaining confidentiality in dealing with all matters
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field in Computer Science or Medical Health Information or equivalent qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate coursework in statistics, data analysis, research methods, Oracle programming
- Two to five years of experience in data analysis, decision support, including demonstrated proficiency with analytical software
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with SAS and/or Oracle SQL programming language required
- Demonstrated experience using advanced Excel features and techniques required
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data required
- Familiar with various types and sources of health care information, including financial and patient-level data files
- Ability to self-motivate, with managerial, leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently within a team environment as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, and/or medical terminology
Please include in your letter of submission:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter detailing experience and interests
- Salary expectation and availability
- Recent published peer reviewed papers, if applicable
c/o HR Coordinator, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, 613-1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6 FAX: 604-806-8464, e-mail: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 24, 2018
Note: Applications received without a cover letter will NOT be considered. Only candidate that are selected for an interview will be contacted.