Vancouver Island Mentorship
Mentorship programs at the chapter level are designed to help students and early leaders build the skills they need to become visible health leaders in their own local communities. Mentorship also provides senior leaders with the opportunity to share their knowledge and contribute to the health system. Information about the Vancouver Island mentorship program can be found below. To access the mentorship matching tool, visit the College's National Mentorship Portal . You must be logged in as a member to use the portal.
Vancouver Island Chapter Mentorship Program 2015-16
4 Steps Required to Join the Mentorship Program
- Decide whether you want to be a mentor or mentee. Mentee’s do not need to be college members – though it is encouraged. Mentors must be college members.
- Decide how much time you can give to the mentorship process. We generally ask that you be available for a minimum of 1-2 hours a month to engage in a mentorship team.
- MENTORS: Write a short one paragraph biography describing your leadership background. Include where you are located and your availability (days of the week and time you can spend on mentorship).
MENTEES: Write short one paragraph biography, describe your leadership background to date, your future leadership goals and what you’d like to get out of the mentorship process. Finally, indicate your availability (days of the week and time you can spend on mentorship).
- Email the information from 3 above to Mark Blandford at email@example.com by September 22nd, 2015 .
- FINALLY: Reserve the date of our kick-off event in your calendar: Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 (5.30pm – 7.30pm) - location to be announced. Details will be emailed to mentor/mentee applicants.
Once we receive your written biography and availability interest, the Chapter mentorship workgroup will match mentees with mentors and email each of you with an anonymous and confidential profile of the person we have matched you with. If, on reflection, you feel our match isn’t a good fit for you, simply email Mark Blandford and we will do our best to adjust the match.The Vancouver Island Chapter is again pleased to offer members and potential members a free mentorship opportunity. Whether you are willing to be a mentor or seek mentorship consider this great opportunity.