Fellowship Program Structure
Fellowship is the professional credential that focuses on excellence in health leadership. By acquiring the Fellowship designation in the College, you can accomplish the following:
- pursue your professional development interests in a peer reviewed process;
- demonstrate your professional accomplishments and commitment to excellence in health leadership;
- contribute to the body of knowledge of health leadership;
- gain formal recognition by the College; and
- position yourself for new professional opportunities and relationships.
The program is built upon the LEADS in a Caring Environment leadership development framework. This national framework describes the leadership behaviours associated with the following five domains: Lead Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions, and Systems Transformation. Demonstration of these capabilities at the most senior level is the cornerstone of this program. You will have the opportunity to use this framework and its tools throughout the program.
As part of the Fellowship program, the candidate undertakes a leadership project. These projects contribute to both the theory and practice of health leadership in Canada. The leadership projects must meet the high standards of the Fellowship program.
For more information about applying to the Fellowship Program, contact Josée Lariviere, Executive Assistant & Membership Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org