ELIM VILLAGE | WELLNESS MANAGER | JOB OPPORTUNITY
WHO ARE WE
Elim Village is a developing comprehensive Christian senior’s community located on 25 acres in Fleetwood (Surrey) B.C. A not-for-profit organization, Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. Our approach is integrative and team oriented; founded on our core values which emphasize the value we place on our relationships with residents, staff and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Wellness Manager who will be responsible for the development and management of wellness initiatives designed to meet the physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of residents within Residential Care and Community Life (Assisted Living and Independent Living) departments.
Leading a team of professionals, the Wellness Manager will continue to increase resident’s participation, satisfaction and wellbeing; as well as visibility by raising awareness of programs and activities offered within our campus of care.
The Wellness Manager is a member of the Leadership Team, will be required to adhere to the faith-based values outlined in the Elim Village Philosophy of Care and sign our Statement of Faith.
This is a full time permanent position. Competitive compensation and company benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology, Business Management) or related equivalent qualifications.
- Post graduate education in leadership, business management or related discipline is considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a managerial or a supervisory role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with seniors.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft office, data bases and industry specific software
- Current basic First Aid/CPR Certificate - AED
- Class 4 Drivers License preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial orientation
- Demonstrated ability to assist clients, family members or other stakeholders with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated professional competence and the ability to provide leadership to a group of professional staff.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Sound knowledge of the policies, procedures, principles and practices involved in the development of wellness within a campus of care
- Analytical skills to research, plan and evaluate Wellness services
- Able to work well and build strong relationships within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Evidence of good physical, psychological and emotional health is an asset, and the capability to handle the demands of the job.
JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM OF COMMITTED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS IN THE CONTINUING
DEVELOPMENT OF ELIM VILLAGE!
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
with the Subject line: Wellness Manager – Elim Village
While we thank all applicants, only those qualified will be contacted for a phone interview.