Southern Alberta Chapter is pleased to present
Deep Work: Solve complex problems, cultivate innovation and finish projects
February 28, 2019
5:30 pm to 8:30 pm MST
Alberta Public Laboratories
9-3535 Research Road NW, Calgary, AB T2L 2K8
Do too many emails and unproductive meetings prevent you from achieving your most important goals? To enhance performance, apply Cal Newport’s concept of “deep work”: uninterrupted time by yourself to solve complex problems, cultivate innovation and finish projects. Solitary time complements collaboration by enabling you to bring your best thinking to the team.
Join an interactive session with Jodi Thesenvitz and Jana Lait where they will cover topics such as:
Register now as space is limited!
- Honing in on your "wildly important goals".
- Scheduling time for deep work.
- Using deep work to support collaboration that advances the most important work of your team.
Featured Speakers: Jodi Thesenvitz and Jana Lait
Jana and Jodi work with health sector teams to gain a deep understanding of their sticky problems, and then map out focused, innovative ways to achieve wildly important outcomes.
Jana and Jodi combine evidence and creativity, and apply a social science lens. Their expertise includes:
- Rapid development, implementation and evaluation of projects
- Interactive online and face-to-face learning design
- Participatory facilitation techniques such as liberating structures and peer assists
- Action-oriented written communication and resources
| 17:30 - 18:00
18:00 - 20:00
20:00 - 20:30
| Registration and networking
Deep Work Session
| CCHL Member:
Thank you to our sponsors:
|| MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.00 Category I credits toward their maintenance of certification requirement.