COVID-19 Update for CCHL
November 02, 2020
Latest update from CCHL (December 11, 2020)
The safety and security of our members, event attendees, staff, volunteers and partners are a top priority. The Canadian College of Health Leaders is actively monitoring the advice of public health authorities. Our College events are being assessed, cancelled or postponed on a daily basis as we continue to monitor developments. Participants are being notified as decisions are being made on specific events. Please note that the staff of CCHL's national office will be working from home indefinitely. We would like to thank all the dedicated College members, health workers, industry partners and leaders who are actively working diligently to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
Announcement regarding our CCHL June 2021 events
- Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian College of Health Leaders and HealthCare CAN have decided to virtualize the 2021 National Health Leadership Conference (NHLC) which had been scheduled to be held on May 31 and June 1 in Montréal. Find out more about NHLC. (December 2, 2020)
Relevant Content and Resources
- Subscribe to CCHL's COVID19_HealthLeaders Twitter list for up to date COVID-19 information and stories shared by health workers, leaders and organizations: http://bit.ly/COVID19_HealthLeaders
- The Organizations for Health Action (HEAL) released ‘ Beyond COVID-19: HEAL’s recommendations for a healthier nation’, a document outlining issues HEAL’s membership has seen on the front lines during the pandemic
- Read the Healthcare Management Forum for the latest articles, blogs and podcasts related to COVID-19.
- Leadership in a Crisis handout, created by Jaason Geerts, PhD (LEADS Canada, CCHL)
- BMJ Leader blog: Leadership Lessons and Hope for a Post-Crisis World, by Jaason Geerts, PhD (LEADS Canada, CCHL)
- The Globe and Mail - Opinion (May 25, 2020): "Our current approach to COVID-19 won’t work as well for a second wave. We must prepare now." by Jaason Geerts, PhD (LEADS Canada, CCHL)
- In view of the COVID-19 crisis, the Canadian Society of Physician Leaders (CSPL) is providing short and practical papers, podcasts, bulletins and additional resources on their website.
- Read "A 'No More Waves' strategy for COVID-19 in Canada", by Andrew M. Morris MD SM and Jack M. Mintz PhD, a commentary published in CMAJ on December 9, 2020.
- Find additional content on our archived COVID-19 resources page