Events are presented in the language received.
Michael B. Fraleigh
Partner, Fogler Rubinoff
December 5, 12, 19, 2023 & January 16 & 23, 2024:
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
Can't make the date? Registration includes 120-day unlimited, online access to the recorded program.
Now in its 13th year, this Certificate has provided health care professionals and their legal advisors with practical strategies, best practices and critical information they can use to protect their organizations and employees.
Over 5 days, our expert faculty of leading health and legal professionals with address:
- Understanding and responding to categories of risk including critical care medicine, suicide and anesthesia
- Health records, privacy and hew health information technology
- Human rights code claims and implications for health care
- Current litigation trends and what this means in health care
Given the ever-changing landscape that is clinical risk in health care and to keep you on top of the risks you face, we’ve added new topics, including:
- Risk in the emergency room
- Hospital-police relations: when health care and law enforcement overlap
- Medical Assistance in Dying: navigating legal, ethical and practical issues
- Impact of resource allocation/lack of resources on the standard of care
- Managing the relationship between physicians and hospitals
“The speakers were 'the best'. They provided detail, practical application – I learned so much that I can apply." (2021)
President and CEO at Trillium Gift of Life Network
“One of the best Osgoode programs ever. Relevant, thorough and interesting as well… I didn’t think I would enjoy Zoom – however the hosts, technical support and speakers were amazing."
Anna Tersigni Phelan
Director, Quality and Risk, Chief Privacy Officer,
Canadian Mental Health Association, Waterloo Wellington
CCHL Maintenance of Certification: Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE/Fellow) to 10 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
This program is eligible for OSAP funding. Federal and provincial job grants may be available. You may also apply for financial assistance with OsgoodePD. To learn more, visit: https://osgoodepd.ca/professional-development/fees-policies/financial-assistance/