Événements sont présentés dans la langue dans laquelle ils ont été reçus.
Sept 27 & Oct 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2023
8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
Back for its 12th year, this practice-based program will give you the skills you need to competently and confidently handle mental health law issues. Failure to adequately assess risk or properly address the rights of individuals and their families, or to provide proper patient care, can compromise essential rights of an individual and their family and create exposure to liability.
Over the course of 5 intensive one-day modules, you will learn what you need to know and acquire best practices from some of the most knowledgeable and experienced experts in Canada. You will come away from this program with the knowledge, tools, strategies and tactics that you can put to immediate use.
Gain the knowledge you need to handle the challenging and sensitive area of mental health law, including:
- Community Treatment Orders: what you need to know
- Children and adolescent mental health law issues
- Historical and contemporary mental health law challenges in Black and Indigenous communities
- Mental health in the federal correctional system
- Clinical and legal issues in the geriatric context
- The rules for substitute decision making in property and personal care