Career opportunities are presented in the language received.
Manager, Finance and Procurement
Choose Collingwood General & Marine Hospital: Explore a role with Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) and live your ideal lifestyle. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, you have the opportunity to enjoy the 4-season recreational community.
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital (CGMH) is an 84 bed hospital located in Collingwood, Ontario (approximately 90 minutes north of Toronto) that serves more than 74,000 permanent residents and 3.5 Million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). In addition, CGMH also provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care, and surgery. The Hospital also provides out patient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. CGMH continues to provide care close to home for our community and plays a key role as an integrated orthopaedic centre for our region. For more information please visit our website at www.cgmh.on.ca and our Foundation website at www.cgmhf.com.
Corporate Culture: At Collingwood General & Marine Hospital, we are anchored by our vision, mission and values and guided by our strategic directions. If you exhibit the core values of CGMH; Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork, we want you to join us in providing exceptional services to our patient and their families.
Current Immunization Record required, including two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, short of an approved exemption on a ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Benefits: This position includes a comprehensive and competitive benefit plan, including but not limited to extended health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, paid vacation and sick days, short and long term disability income protection plans, Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts.
The Opportunity: Reporting to the Vice President Corporate Services, Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Finance and Procurement drives the execution of the hospital’s financial strategy and related initiatives, assesses financial performance and health, and identifies risks and mitigation strategies; leads the development, implementation and evaluation of all hospital finance and procurement activities including accounting, cash management, audit functions, purchasing, logistics, supply chain and contract management; and regularly provides strategic advice to the hospital’s CFO and Strategic Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an Accounting Major, Commence, or equivalent
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or actively working towards
- Minimum of 5 years’ finance and accounting experience with preference for experience in a health care environment
- Previous experience leading in a unionized environment is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of financial and procurement software
- Experience with Meditech EXPANSE would be a asset
- Exceptional skills in problem solving, judgement, decision-making skills
- Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers
- Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Must have an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families.
- Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is considered an asset
- Must be dedicated to professional growth & development
- Must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position
- Must have demonstrated excellent attendance/performance record
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with other members of the health care team
Duties and Responsibilities – Including but not limited to:
- Initiates, prepares and implements standard practices relating to all accounting matters and procedures and the coordination of all financial systems
- Establishes and maintains a system of internal control over all financial transactions to ensure that all monies provided are used for the purpose intended and stipulated
- Coordinates, updates and provides support of Hospital financial computer systems
- Mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies, audit, legal, tax, etc. Ensures that all remittances, including HST and other government requirements, are current
- Forecasts and manages cash flow, including receivables and payables management
- Contributes financial expertise and analysis in support of innovative approaches to health system funding reform, models of care, and analytics
- Provides ongoing monitoring and implementation of initiatives and remedies to provide high quality financial services to all stakeholders; Implementing operational best practices
- Oversees and is responsible for the financial processes/policies and internal controls of financial reporting systems, control of assets, and expenditure controls, as well as ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, MIS reporting, and Broader Public Sector directives
- Prepares and answers questions on the Hospital monthly financial statements; Preparation of quarterly financial statements for Hospital Foundation
- Liaises with the Hospital’s auditors, Ministry of Health, other agencies and banking institutions for external reporting requirements
- Initiates, prepares and implements standard practices relating to the Materials Management department in partnership with Shared Services West (SSW)
- Performs other duties as assigned by VP Corporate Services, CFO
- Provides managerial support to the Procurement department