Career opportunities are presented in the language received.
Vice-President Health Services
Acute Care & Chief Nursing Officer
Location: Flin Flon, The Pas, or Thompson, MB
(Position can be based at any of the three sites)
Provides overall leadership in nursing, clinical services, and inter-professional collaborative team strategies across the region.
The VP/CNO is responsible for professional practice leadership for clinical services (directly or indirectly through Executive Directors of Clinical Services and Directors) in Acute Care, Clinical Education and Policy Administration, and the strategy for inter-professional practice which will promote evidence-informed, interdisciplinary policy and practice.
Will integrate nursing philosophy and practices across the system into a unified practice. The position will strategically develop recruitment/ retention strategies, educational sessions, and nursing models to drive nursing within the organization.
- Master’s degree required; If Masters is in a discipline other than Nursing, Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- Current active practicing registration with College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
- Must have a valid Manitoba Class V driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel throughout the region year round
- Five (5) years’ senior leadership/managerial experience working in health service organizations
- Working knowledge of regulated health professionals, standards, codes of ethics, and principles of an inter-professional, collaborative practice model of care
- Knowledge or familiarity with Indigenous Health issues, population health, and health status of citizens in Northern Manitoba
- Knowledge of the Manitoba health care system, provincial governance, and leadership models
- Working knowledge of key professional and stakeholder organizations and structures within the province and region
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet
Northern RHA strives to have a diverse workforce in an inclusive and accessible workplace, which provides opportunity for reasonable accommodation.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to self-declare when submitting applications & resumes.
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Using Google Chrome, Apply online at www.northernhealthregion.ca