Career opportunities are presented in the language received.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vice President, Provincial Clinical and Support Services
Posting #: GO-00709630
Position #: 198644
Posted Date: February 15, 2023 17:00 CST
Closing Date: March 08, 2023 23:59 CST
Type: Permanent Full Time
Facility: Saskatchewan Health Authority
Department: Provincial Clinical and Support Services
Geographic Location: To Be Determined
Expected Start Date: April 17, 2023
Shift Information: Days
Hours of Work: In a 1 week rotation: 5 shifts of 7.50 hours
Salary or Pay Band: Salary and benefits as per terms and conditions of employment
Number of Positions: 1
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is the largest employer in Saskatchewan, employing over 43,000 staff in a dynamic healthcare environment. The Saskatchewan Health Authority is committed to providing coordinated quality services that are seamless, safe and patient-centred.
The Vice President of Provincial Clinical & Support Services (VP) is a key leader in Saskatchewan health care, partnering with system leaders to achieve our province’s health care goals. Operationally reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Vice President of Provincial Clinical & Support Services is responsible for developing and executing strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the SHA. The VP will empower team thinking and achieve accountability, transparency and efficiency to drive both clinical and organizational performance excellence. The VP provides strategic leadership by articulating gaps, needs and plans as part of the executive leadership team. The VP of Provincial Clinical & Support Services demonstrates strong leadership to ensure that there is an innovative and positive working climate and a client-centric culture. S/he utilizes methodologies to improve effectiveness, quality and safety of health care delivery to ensure the SHA can provide optimum healthcare for the residents of Saskatchewan. The Vice President of Provincial Clinical & Support Services works closely with the Ministry of Health and other system partners.
Specific accountabilities of the Vice President of Provincial Clinical & Support Services include delivery of emergency medical services & health line, provincial system flow, medical laboratory services, pharmacy, diagnostic imaging, environmental, nutrition and food services, building services, protective services, and health emergency management to achieve the SHA’s mission and strategic vision.
- Has experience, at a strategic level, as a leader who has developed and led innovative programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare management/administration with progressive advancement as a healthcare leader
- A Master’s degree in a clinical field, leadership, business administration or other applicable discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education. Licensed, and in good standing, with regulatory body if applicable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and labour law
- Advanced knowledge of the healthcare system in Saskatchewan and across Canada
- Demonstrates a commitment to a diverse, culturally competent and culturally safe work environment and representative workforce
- Demonstrates and is recognized for strategic leadership that includes articulation of mission, vision and strategy and charts a path forward
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism and personal integrity
- Has a proven ability to build interprovincial/external relationships as well as strategic partnerships with physicians, unions, academic institutions, professional associations and other healthcare organizations
- Has a proven ability to collaborate strategically with a wide variety of stakeholders to balance the needs and interests of these diverse groups within the corporate agenda
- Has demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
- Has demonstrated strong critical thinking, financial and analytical skills
- Has demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is committed to patient and family centred care
- Is committed to quality, safety and continuous improvement striving towards zero harm
- Mobilizes people, inspires and sets an example for staff, physicians and other healthcare stakeholders
- Promotes innovation, guides change and is committed to continuous improvement