2015 National Awards ProgramAward Recipients | Celebrating Leading Practices Booklet | Photo Galleries
The Canadian College of Health Leaders, and the sponsors of the National Awards Program, are proud to honour the individuals, teams and organizations that are making a difference across the healthcare system.
Award recipients were honoured on Sunday, June 14, 2015, at the College’s Annual General Meeting and the National Awards Gala, in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The 3M Health Care Quality Team Awards and the Robert Wood Johnson Awards were presented during the National Health Leadership Conference on June 15 & 16, 2015.
Those profiled were selected for special recognition; however, the 2015 competition included many outstanding programs and accomplishments. Look for an expanded version of the Celebrating Leading Practices Booklet, including descriptions of all award nominees, to be posted for free download on the College’s website later this summer.
Read the official news release: "The Canadian College of Health Leaders Recognizes Leadership Excellence through the 2015 National Awards Program"
3M Health Care Quality Team Awards
Providence Healthcare: Evolving Care Systems: The hemodialysis renewal project, a co-location model for change
Nova Scotia Health Authority: My Care My Voice: ICCS initiative to improve care for complex patients by providing a “Voice to the Patient”.
Award of Excellence in Mental Health and Quality Improvement
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Assiniboia : Michael Redenbach, CHE
- BC Lower Mainland : Karen Baillie, CHE
- Bluenose : Peter MacKinnon, CHE
- Eastern Ontario : Bernard Blais, CHE
- GTA : Elena Holt, CHE
- GTA : Marcy Saxe-Braithwaite, CHE
- Hamilton & Area : Jillian Flowers
- Midnight Su n: Donna Allen
- Quebec : Lucie Tremblay, CHE
- Southwestern Ontario : Barbara Major-McEwan, CHE
- New Brunswick : R. Kenneth McGeorge
- Vancouver Island : Chris Bowlby, CHE
College Award for Distinguished Service
Donna Towers, CHE
College Honorary Life Member Award
Bonnie Adamson, FCCHL, FACHE
Energy and Environmental Stewardship Award
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance – Green Team
Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion Award
The Scarborough Hospital
Healthcare Safety Award
Mount Sinai Hospital – Safe Patients/Safe Staff™ Program
Innovation Award for Healthcare Leadership
N. Louise Bradley, CHE
Ron Noble, FCCHL
Nursing Leadership Award
Dr. Sandra Lauck
- Dalhousie University : Kate Mercier
- University of Alberta : Sandra Rees
- University of British Columbia : Paul Johar
- University of Montreal : Flaviana Mouawad
- University of Ottawa : Rachel Ozer
- University of Toronto : Alexis Villa, CHE
Robert Zed Young Health Leader Award
Reece D. Bearnes, CHE
The Leading Practices Booklet features summaries of award winning programs, initiatives and inspirational leaders. Download the booklet and learn about the leading practices and innovative programs that are positively impacting patients, staff and the environment.