Join the local conversation!
NEON Lights and Southwestern Ontario Chapters
Furthering the National Conversation: What is Needed to Advance Patient Safety?
November 29, 2017
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time
On October 30, 2017, as part of national Patient Safety Week, a National Conversation on What is Needed to Advance Patient Safety was held via webinar. Click here to access the Virtual Plenary
The national plenary session on October 30th featured presentations by:
- Dr. Anne Snowdon, Chair, World Health Innovation Network, Scientific Director & CEO, SCAN Health, Odette School of Business, University of Windsor
- Dr. Verna Yiu, President and CEO, Alberta Health Services
- Deb Prowse, Alberta Health Advocate
The event was moderated by Ray Racette, President and CEO, Canadian College of Health Leaders, and Chris Power, CEO, Canadian Patient Safety Institute. Topics included:
- the importance of creating safe care environments,
- the urgency of implementing supply chain reforms,
- barcoding and tracking to prevent errors,
- the role of senior leadership in supporting patient safety and the creation of safe care cultures.
The NEON Lights Chapter, in collaboration with the Southwestern Ontario chapter, is hosting a regional webinar to continue the conversation and to provide input to a national White Paper.
Recommended preparation material:
Cost: (Taxes Included)
*Webinar details will be provided following registration
|| MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 1.50 Category I credits toward their maintenance of certification requirement.