Événements sont présentés dans la langue dans laquelle ils ont été reçus.
In one intensive day, you’ll hear from all parties involved in the mental health court process and gain a comprehensive understanding of the intersection between justice and treatment and how this specialty court can provide positive results for all.
This practical program was specifically designed by those involved in the mental health courts, for legal professionals and mental health workers (with or without mental health court experience). Together with peers who share the same challenges, you will work through sample case scenarios and walk away with valuable tips and strategies you can immediately use.
- How criminal justice and treatment practitioners can optimize their effectiveness in the mental health courts
- The rationale, objective and structure of different mental health courts including pre-charge diversion, post-charge diversion, fitness hearings, etc.
- Legal and treatment issues impacting mental health fitness hearings and assessment hearings
- Strategies for working in a multi-disciplinary team (the relationship between criminal justice practitioners, law enforcement, social work practitioners and mental health treatment providers)
- How to establish a Mental Health Court
- Creating and implementing eligibility criteria
- Best practices in tackling operational issues and in accessing community resources
November 10, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET