Career opportunities are presented in the language received.
Director of Clinical Operations- Competition #2024-547
The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates twelve community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pain Management services.
Our Core Values
Compassion: Treat everyone with care, kindness and respect.
Trust: Demonstrate empathy and understanding while partnering with patients, caregivers, communities and each other.
Meaning: Contribute to the well-being of our communities through healthcare, innovation, education and careers.
We are seeking a Regular Full-Time, Director of Clinical Operations (FTE 1.0).
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working in collaboration with the Managing Partner or other assigned Management Committee Members, the Director of Clinical Operations is accountable for overall operations management and strategic direction for EFW clinical areas.
The Director inspires and leads their team to ensure that the strategic objectives and operational plans are carried out to provide a seamless, efficient, and effective delivery of services in keeping with EFW’s core values and strategic focus areas. The Director works as a team player with colleagues in building a culture of continuous improvement focused on providing an exceptional patient experience.
- Leads clinical modality services across EFW Radiology ensuring that operations are effective and efficient and in alignment with EFW Values, operating principles and strategic objectives
- Works to establish the operational framework and infrastructure needed to support service delivery plans, and allocates and manages all human, financial, and capital resources promoting an exceptional patient experience for all EFW patients
- Ensures that all clinical operations adhere to required clinical professional practice standards; federally and provincially regulated statutes; as well as internal policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and clinical compliance
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance, develops and monitors the operating and capital budget for operational programs using appropriate forecasting, costing, clinical and workload data to ensure that financial objectives are met
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care initiatives and seeks mechanisms to ensure that standards are consistently met
- Effectively manages complaints and critical incidents ensuring that issues are fully investigated in accordance with EFW policies and procedures. Responds to patient care issues and public concerns in a supportive, timely and outcome-oriented manner, facilitating communication to affect positive outcomes
- Leads large scale operational projects working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Adheres to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Communicates clear strategic vision and establishes clear and realistic expectations to engage and inspire team members
- Provides coaching, development and mentorship in day to day activities and responsibilities of the operations team and provides on-going support and guidance to the team as necessary
- Manages performance of direct reports including motivating team members to achieve goals and objectives, and holds them accountable to those goals. Conducts performance reviews; holds regular performance check-ins, and regularly communicates performance expectations for all direct reports.
- Creates a collaborative workplace that encourages employees to realize their potential and create a career with meaning.
- Promotes a sense of community across the organization.
- Recruits and retains a highly cohesive and engaged management team including selection of new team members.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Values and Culture
- Demonstrates and champions EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace, leading by example at all times.
- Contributes to and supports a psychologically safe work environment for all EFW staff and physicians.
- Fosters a culture of accountability and respect within the team.
- Fosters an enthusiastic and positive culture while ensuring that all employees are treated respectfully, and are given the opportunity to succeed.
- Works as a collaborative and supportive team member within the Executive team.
- Works collaboratively and respectfully with corporate departments, clinic operations, physicians, venders and all other stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrates awareness of impact of own behaviours on others and an openness to understanding the perspectives of others.
- Demonstrates commitment to personal and professional development, and self-awareness, and looks for ways to continuously learn and improve.
You have the following:
- An undergraduate or master’s degree in healthcare administration or business administration along with a minimum of 10 years of progressively senior management/leadership experience within a healthcare setting
- A clinical designation (Diagnostic Sonography or Medical Radiologic Technology) in an imaging modality is an asset.
- Direct supervisory experience leading and managing a diverse team of healthcare professionals is required
- Ability to build a strong and cohesive team; inspire a shared vision and align performance goals and objectives and work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals
- Ability to encourage managers to realize their potential by creating an environment receptive to creativity and visionary thinking and actively supporting ongoing learning and professional development
- Superior conflict management skills along with the ability to negotiate or facilitate the resolution of issues and disputes
- Strong data and financial analytic ability; natural problem-solving abilities including deep business / operational acumen with a focus on planning, execution, forecasting and budgeting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to establish rapport with all levels of staff including clerical, technical, and physicians
We strive to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
We offer our employees:
- A friendly, professional working environment
- A teaching environment with on-going continuing education through seminars, conferences, and on-line courses
- An opportunity to have a career with meaning and opportunity for growth
- An extraordinary total rewards package
- Fun employee events including an annual Holiday Party and Family Movie Day
- An opportunity to give back by working with community partners
EFW Radiology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
If you are dedicated to quality patient care and want to join our team of dynamic health care professionals, please apply through EFW Radiology’s career website at https://efwrad.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2921244&&&jbsrc=1025
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.