Career opportunities are presented in the language received.
Are you interested in joining an incredible organization in a leadership role to set direction and drive change in our healthcare organization? Are you passionate about empowering potential and inspiring action to achieve quality results? Do you possess effective and collaborate decision making skills?
If this opportunity aligns with your career aspirations, we want to meet you!
Join our team at the HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE!
We are hiring a Director, Patient Care
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA) is an organization born out of innovation; one that embraces the importance of partnerships; harnesses the power of performance, and values the skills and guidance of its staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, families and caregivers. We are at the forefront of care – thriving in a changing environment, pushing the envelope, and committed to the well-being of all we serve and support.
Driven by the values of compassion, integrity and accountability, the HPHA is a voluntary alliance that includes Clinton Public Hospital, St. Marys Memorial Hospital, Seaforth Community Hospital and Stratford General Hospital. It has an annual operating budget of $148 million, over 1,200 staff, 160 medical staff and 500 volunteers and offers a comprehensive array of primary and secondary inpatient and outpatient services supported by dynamic diagnostic and therapeutic programs. The HPHA is committed to partnerships across all health and social service sectors, is an active Member of the Huron Perth & Area Ontario Health Team and is very active as a driver of change and innovation regionally, provincially and nationally.
We are an employer of choice in the Huron Perth region, and play a vital role by providing exceptional care in collaboration with our community partners.
The Director, Patient Care is a dynamic, innovative leader who is accountable for a broad, exciting and forward-moving patient care portfolio across the Alliance. The Director, Patient Care is part of a dynamic team of 3 Directors, Patient Care that oversee the patient care portfolio, and network with partners in our region.
The role ensures the HPHA’s mission, vision and guiding principles are embodied in the culture of all programs. With patient-partnership at the core of every decision, the Director applies a systems-thinking approach to a combination of the development and execution of strategic planning, operational performance and relationship management. Key priorities include meeting and exceeding performance targets, maintaining an attention and focus on continuous quality improvement, and promoting and leading innovation in a dynamic and ever-changing healthcare system. Advocating for both patients and staff, this position will draw together advances made in practice, education, research and administration in order to support and plan for the goals of patients and staff. The Director will ensure that programs operate in accordance with legislation, standards and ethical principles. This role will create an environment that provides optimal opportunity for the development of professional practice, promotes shared leadership, manages the programs within fiscal resources and fosters a person-centered, inter-professional environment. The Director encourages proactive change, and acts as an advisor, facilitator, coach and educator in conjunction with Alliance activities and growth and works closely with our Medical and Community partners.
POSITION: Director, Patient Care
POSTING DATE: February 23, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2023
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Partnerships & Chief Nursing Executive
DATE REQUIRED: As Soon as Possible
- Successful completion of a recognized baccalaureate degree program in a Health-Related Discipline;
- Masters Degree preferred;
- Current certificate of registration from a college recognized under the Regulated Health Professions Act
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in progressively more responsible leadership roles in a complex healthcare environment;
- 5 years’ experience managing in a Unionized environment an asset;
- 5 years’ experience working with and leading Multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience leading quality improvement initiatives and transformational culture change designed to enhance the patient experience using LEAN principles and processes.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning and administrative abilities;
- Ensures clinical excellence, resulting in high quality, safe and exceptional patient/ family experiences;
- Exceptional analytical and information-seeking skills that contribute to effective decision-making, strategic planning and execution of action plans that deliver results in order to meet and exceed industry benchmarks and performance metrics;
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and all legislative requirements;
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence;
- Engages others to foster development and build teams that establish a high performing and healthy organization;
- strategically aligns direction, decisions, actions and evaluations with HPHA mission, values, and guiding principles;
- Demonstrates change management capabilities and the use of transformational thinking to strategically align the future by encouraging innovation and orchestrating change;
- Supports a model of patient-centered care that is based on best practice, program and corporate standards, continuous quality improvement and HPHA’s strategic direction;
- Builds a professional practice climate and facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to patient care;
- Accountable to performance metrics and evaluates the impact to identify improvement opportunities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at HPHA;
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of professional practice, mentorship, life-long learning and excellence in patient care;
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of employee and labour relations and hospital operations essential;
- Result-oriented leader with excellent understanding of financial, quality management, project management, risk management and operational planning skills;
- Shared leadership skills with the ability to foster collaboration and shared direction among diverse clinical and non-clinical groups;
- Highly-motivated, self-directed professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with all levels of hospital personnel and external partners; strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Highly developed critical thinking skills with the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems;
- Ability to recognize, understand and demonstrate Emotional Intelligence (EI);
- Track record for creating a quality and safety culture;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with diversity, appreciating that different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics can bring richness to the challenge at hand;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently provide business oriented planning and forecasting;
- Fluent and computer literate with computer systems and programs (ie. Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance requires that all staff have received the required doses of COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. We know that we are strengthened by a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all equity-seeking groups, including but not limited to: Indigenous persons, visible minorities, persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities, persons who identify as women and persons of marginalized sexual orientation and gender identities. Upon individual requests, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection process, please contact Human Resources for assistance.