Career opportunities are presented in the language received.
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals — Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital — and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital is the first smart hospital in Canada, featuring fully integrated smart technology systems and medical devices that can speak directly to one another to maximize information exchange and quality health care delivered through the eyes of the patient.
Reporting to the Director, Medical Imaging and Laboratory Services, the Manager, Medical Imaging brings leadership experience in strategy and operations, to a busy imaging service that includes CT, MRI, intervention radiology, ultrasound, x-ray, and echocardiography within the new hospital site. Clinical and operational excellence is the goal, and the Manager, Medical Imaging collaborates with the physician leaders and the Director, Medical Imaging and Laboratory Services on delivering exceptional service to more than 150,000 people per year. The staff complement is approximately 70 FTEs with 6 team leads (seniors and coordinators). This is an excellent opportunity to join an exceptional team within Ontario’s first new hospital built in over 30 years.
Manages the medical imaging department including the physical, financial, and human resources aligned with the mission, vision, values and strategic direction of the department and Mackenzie Health:
- Promotes best and evidence-based practices through the implementation of initiatives
- Ensures clinical and regulatory compliance by members of the team
- Supports interprofessional practice development and team development
- Refines performance measurement and integrates methods and tools to monitor and continuously improve the processes and outcomes in the delivery of service to surpass minimum benchmarks
- Ensures a program is in place to maintain medical equipment and the PACS systems
- Participates in the preparation of RFP’s, working with vendors, staff and physicians to determine specifications related to equipment planning
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Diploma (Degree) in Radiography from an accredited institution required
- Member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRiTO).
- Minimum of 5 years clinical management or leadership experience within a hospital setting, preferably including ambulatory and pre-scheduled services
- Membership with a respective Association preferred
- Recruitment, performance management, scheduling and budgeting experience
- Preparing, analysing RFP’s and managing service contracts experience
- Project management (renovations and new equipment installation) experience
- Quality and risk management experience
- Interpersonal, communication, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
- Business and financial acumen, decision making and organizational skills
- Proactive, thoughtful, and respectful approach to addressing issues, exercises sound professional judgment
- Modeling behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy and consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment
- Commitment to professional development
- Proven attendance record
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting and unique opportunity, please contact:
Partner: Jane van Alphen
Phone number: 416-648-0669
Consultant: Alaina Hamid
Phone number: 416-928-4541
ABOUT LHH KNIGHTSBRIDGE – www.lhhknightsbridge.com
LHH helps organizations simplify the complexity associated with transforming their leadership and workforce so they can accelerate results, with less risk. As global leaders in Talent and Leadership Development, Career Solutions and Executive, Interim and Mid-Level Search, we assist organizations in finding new talent, and helping their employees navigate change, become better leaders, develop better careers, and transition into new jobs.