Healthcare Management Forum is planning a special edition on patient engagement planned for July 2024.
Authors are invited to submit a 200-word abstract to email@example.com by April 21, 2023. Abstracts should include a short overview of the proposed manuscript, the intended audience, and key messages for readers. Full articles will be due by Jan 15, 2024.
The editorial staff will consider the following topics:
- how the health sector can better engage patients in providing care (acute, primary, tertiary, long term care) and improve the measurable outcomes of this engagement;
- conducting patient-oriented research;
- lessons learned for a multidisciplinary approach to long COVID management and other emergent health problems;
- successful programs that overcome barriers to engagement (social, language, technology, education, cultural, geographic);
- systems needed for shared decision-making at the policy and legislative levels (those that foster mutual transparency and accountability);
- how senior leaders can adapt engagement strategies to local communities;
- developing partnerships that improve patient engagement (with supporting research); and
- how patient engagement can improve financial performance of a facility.
If your topic does not fall into one of these categories but deals with patient experience, patient advocacy, partnering with patients, and the patient experience, please feel free to submit an abstract. All potential authors will be contacted through e-mail by the Managing Editor.
Healthcare Management Forum (HMF) is the official peer-reviewed journal of the Canadian College of Health Leaders. The journal publishes articles on leading practices related to health leadership and management, including recent research, new technology and professional practices from health leaders’ perspectives. It is circulated to a variety of environments, such as medical companies, health authorities, multi-level care facilities, hospitals, public and private health agencies, health charities, the Canadian military and all levels of the Canadian government. It is also available in universities and libraries throughout Canada, the United States and overseas. Authors’ guidelines can be found here: https://journals.sagepub.com/author-instructions/HMF