The Canadian College of Health Leaders, in partnership with HealthCare CAN, Workforce-Edge and the ICPA-Forum, are looking for members interested in joining new committees for Healthcare Workforce Mobilization. The purpose of this initiative is to mobilize health leaders and all stakeholders to push out the boundaries in how to achieve workforce optimization in health care settings in Canada, while raising the awareness of the strategic importance of workforce planning, deployment, and management.
Members are required for the Health Leader’s Strategic Review Team and for the Expert Working Groups (Focus Areas).
The Health Leader’s Strategic Review Team
The Strategic Review Team will be composed of nine healthcare leaders selected and nominated by the partnering organization member. The nine healthcare leaders should be drawn from the following representations:
- One member (minimum) from large health authorities responsible for entire continuum of care;
- One member (minimum) from academic health sciences teaching facilities;
- One member from public or private “sub-acute” long term, residential, rehabilitation or complex transitional care;
- One member from public or private home health;
- One member from a community hospital environment;
- One member from a rural healthcare environment;
- One patient advocate member;
- One practitioner member with expertise in healthcare policy and healthcare workforce;
- One academic member with expertise in healthcare policy and healthcare workforce.
Expert Working Groups (Focus Areas)
There will be distinct Working Groups for each Focus Area, as determined by the Strategic Review Team. Each Expert Working Group collaboration will result in the publication of a Handbook dedicated to a specific area of focus. Membership will include a number of participants as deemed necessary by the Health Leader’s Strategic Review Team. It is envisioned that these teams will be between 6 to 10 persons.
If you are interested in joining the committees or if you would like additional information, please contact email@example.com.