This online LEADS Leadership Foundations program has been designed to:
- Focus on the core concepts of each domain in the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework and provide an in-depth look at how each domain contributes to building capacity in health leaders.
- Support an organization’s efforts to develop leadership capacity needed to achieve organizational goals and meet future challenges effectively.
- Provide learners with practical applications of leadership knowledge and skills.
- Create experiences where new learning affects change in learners.
- Promote an environment where learners contribute meaningfully to the learning of others;
- Value learners as individuals who bring expertise and life experience to their professional development and provide a safe learning environment that is supportive, respectful, welcoming and inclusive.
The program runs approximately 4 months (30-35 hours) from start to finish and includes the following components:
- Book Review: Individual commitment to reading Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment (2nd edition)—Putting LEADS to Work.*
- 7 collaborative & live facilitated webinar sessions where participants will focus on key leanings from each of the LEADS domains.
- Access to resources, including videos, readings and exercises to make LEADS learning come to life and foster development.
- Leadership Reflections and Action Planner Submissions, one per domain.
- Access to the online LEADS Self-assessment.
- Certificate of completion indicating successful completion of the LEADS Learning Series as part of this foundations program.
Completion of the full online LEADS Leadership Foundations program fulfills the LEADS Learning component of the CHE Select Program and prepares CHE Candidates to complete their LEADS in Action project. It also satisfies the LEADS Learning requirement (LEADS Learning Series) for eligibility to apply to the Certified LEADS Specialist (CLS) certification programs.
*This book is required and primary reading resource and textbook for the LLF program. Participants must purchased this separately in either e-file or hard copy format by visiting our CCHL Bookstore .
For more information about our Professional and Leadership Development Programs, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org