Sustainable Healthcare: Planting 220 Seedlings Together
As part of the College’s sustainability efforts and commitment to green healthcare we will be launching a fundraising campaign at the CCHL National Conference with the goal of raising money to plant 220 seedlings over the two-day conference.
For information and to donate, please visit https://www.treesforlife.ca/cchl.
Code of Conduct
CCHL is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices or any other dimension of diversity. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert event organizers if you notice a developing situation or someone in distress.
Inclusive Event Participation
CCHL strives to create inclusive events. Should you have special needs, restrictions, or requirements, that we should be aware of, please let the event organizers know how we can best accommodate you.
Climate Action Pledge
Please find below a global climate pledge for individuals should you be interested in signing it.
I have the power to make a positive difference in our climate crisis.
I will use my power to do everything I can, through my actions and my voice, to bring about change.
I will lead and encourage others to work as a team to solve this challenge.
Together, we will succeed!
The change begins here, with me, now.
Online sign up and commitment: https://www.globalclimatepledge.com/individual-pledge/
Energy Efficient Checklist
We recognize that attending our events will have an environmental impact. To minimize our collective impact, please consider the following when attending our events:
If you are coming from home:
- Adjust the temperature or turn off the HVAC while you are away;
- Close all windows;
- Turn off all lights;
- Unplug all appliances and devices that are not in use;
- Choose to walk, bike, take Public Transit or carpool to the event.
- Consider offsetting your travel miles: https://treecanada.ca/carbon-calculator/;
If you are staying at a hotel:
- Turn off lights in your hotel room when you leave the room for the day;
- Turn off/down temperature in your hotel room when you leave the room for the day;
- Reuse towels and skip housekeeping visits;
- Where possible and if applicable, choose stairs instead of the elevator;
- Ask for a glass of water instead of the complimentary plastic water bottle;
- Consider offsetting your travel miles: https://treecanada.ca/carbon-calculator/.
At the event:
- Bring your own beverage bottle or use a water fountain;
- Compost your food scraps instead of throwing them in the garbage if the compost bin is available;
- Avoid single use plastic;
- Donate to a charity;
- Go for a wellness walk or stretch;
- Support a local business;
- Take a picture or make a note on your electronic device rather than using paper if there is something that interests you or would like to learn more about.